How to wear a chain with a hoodie? When it comes to style, there are few things that can match the versatility of a hoodie. Hoodies are great for casual wear and they also work well in colder weather thanks to their warmth properties. However, if you wear a hoodie with anything other than jeans, it can look sloppy.
To avoid this problem and get the most out of your hoodies, try wearing them with chains. Chances are you already have some hanging around in your jewelry box or drawers from past fashion experiments that didn’t work out for one reason or another. In this article, we’ll show you how to wear a chain with a hoodie so it doesn’t look sloppy.
What Are Some Cool Things About Chains?
Chains have been used throughout history for decoration purposes. They’re typically made from metal which makes them durable and long-lasting.
Chains are perfect for those who need something that will last them and withstand the test of time so they can wear it over many different outfits! They add an element of edgy style while still being simple enough to match with most pieces in your outfit.
Do You Wear a Chain Inside or Outside Your Hoodie?
Your chain has a lot to do with the type of hoodie you’re wearing. If you want your chain to be visible, then it needs to be worn on top or over the head so that people can see them and appreciate its beauty. A great example is when you are wearing a full-zip-up hoodie, but if you attach one right underneath the neckline of your shirt then it won’t show through as much.
What’s Better – Gold Chains or Silver Chains?
It depends on what color your clothes are and whether they tend towards earth tones like browns and grays or bright colors like greens, blues, and reds. Gold will look good against earth tone clothing while silver looks best in brighter clothing items such as light blue jeans or a white shirt.
Are They Appropriate to Wear With Every Type of Hoodie?
What’s great about chains is that you can pretty much find one for any occasion out there so long as the chain matches your personality and style choices.
You can go for a classic metal chain which looks just like what our parents used, but on the other hand, if you want something more fashionable then you might get a gold-plated leather necklace instead.
Chains are versatile enough for most outfits so it really depends on how masculine or feminine an outfit maybe before deciding whether or not to incorporate them into your wardrobe!
A word of advice: If you’re wearing all black clothing items such as dark jeans and a black top, then you probably want to avoid wearing a gold chain.
On the other hand, if you’re wearing a bright pair of jeans and top then it might be appropriate to wear gold.
Different Methods on How to Wear a Chain with a Hoodie:
Here are 5 ways on how you can wear chains with your favorite hoodie!
- Wear a chain over the head: If you want your chain to be visible, then it needs to be worn on top or over the head so that people can see them and appreciate its beauty. A great example is when you are wearing a full-zip-up hoodie, but if you attach one right underneath the neckline of your shirt then it won’t show through as much.
- Attach one at the waist: You might have seen celebrities like Rihanna or Selena Gomez wearing chains around their waist as an accessory for a night out with friends? This look works best when paired with something feminine such as a mini skirt or dress.
- Wear one as a necklace: When you’re wearing a full-zip-up hoodie, attach your chain to the zipper and wear it like a necklace. You can even use one long enough to wrap around twice for an extra chic look!
4 . wear one as a belt: It all depends on the design of your chain. If it’s plain rectangular metal, then you’ll want to loop through as many belt loops on your pants or skirt as possible. If it’s a thin chain with a clasp closure that hangs 3 inches below the waist, then it can be used to hold up jeans instead of wrapping around them as a belt would.
- Wear one as a bracelet: You can style the chain as a bracelet while wearing your hoodie. You can wear it with the clasp or without and then pull your sleeves down if you want to keep them hidden.
Tips on How to Wear a Chain with a Hoodie:
- Wear a silver chain with light clothing such as white or pale pink and wear gold chains when you’re wearing earth tones like browns, grays, or greens.
- Attach one at the waist or wear it as a necklace when wearing feminine pieces such as dresses.
- Keep the chain away from your neck to avoid choking
- Clean your chain with a jewelry cloth or toothbrush to help reduce tarnish and make sure things are nice and shiny.
- Don’t wear a necklace and a chain at the same time, choose one or the other.
- If you’re wearing a chain as an accessory, don’t wear too many other accessories.
- Don’t wear a chain with an outfit that has lots of zippers in the front.
- Keep in mind: don’t wear too many chains at once, especially if they’re heavy.
What Are the Different Types of Chains?
There are a few different types of chains that you may want to consider, depending on the type of chain and how it will be used. These include:
Chain Necklace – A necklace with a series of cords or links on one side for decoration;
Linked Chains – A long succession of connected metal charms or beads usually worn around the neck;
Cultured Pearl Necklace – A necklace with a series of cords or links on one side for decoration;
How to Wear a Chain with a Hoodie – Conclusion
Some people think it’s too much, but wearing a chain with your favorite hoodie can be easy to pull off if you know-how. There are many ways on how you can wear chains with different types of shirts so long as the colors match and the chain is relevant to the style choices that make up your personality!